Herschend Family Entertainment and its portfolio of theme park, resorts, and aquariums is part of the Herschend Enterprises family of brands with a collective vision and mission of bringing families closer together by Creating Memories Worth Repeating®.
Today, Herschend Family Entertainment and its parent company Herschend Enterprises are considered the nation’s largest family-owned themed attractions corporation in the US. Our team of more than 11,000 employees creates, develops and operates entertainment, tourism and hospitality properties that currently span 26 locations across the US and British Columbia.
Herschend’s roots date back to 1950 when the Herschend family founded their first attraction, a small cave tour in Branson, Mo., which later expanded into the famed Silver Dollar City®. The company’s 70 years of success is a credit to the deep-rooted culture of “Love in Action,” built on the Herschend family values of kindness and caring. Love can be found at every Herschend property, every day, from the way guests are treated to how the company cares for its employees. These values are reflected in the Enterprises’ Leading With Love curriculum and Herschend GROW U., our free employee tuition program.
Operating companies within Herschend Family Entertainment include (Dollywood® Parks & Resorts, Silver Dollar City® Attractions, Adventure Aquarium®, Newport Aquarium®, Kentucky Kingdom®, Vancouver Aquarium, and Wild Adventures®). To learn more about all Herschend Enterprises’ brands visit www.herschendenterprises.com.
Herschend Family Entertainment is dedicated to creating and sustaining welcoming destinations filled with adventure and memory-making fun. Governed by an outside board of directors, HFE has been family-owned and operated since our inception. And, it’s always been our goal to have each and every guest leave with two things: a smile and a deeper connection with each other.
Our Vision & Mission
Bringing Families Closer Together By Creating Memories Worth Repeating®
We Greatly Exceed Guests’ Expectations
- With distinctive themed entertaining experiences for every member of the family
- With genuinely friendly caring people who take pride in what they do
We Serve Others
- By working as a team and empowering each other
- By being accountable to our guests, each other and the communities we serve
- By Leading with Love; being Patient, Kind, Humble, Respectful, Trusting, Unselfish, Forgiving, Truthful and Dedicated
We Create Emotional Connections
- By treating guests like a member of our family
- By providing shared-experiences that bring families closer together
We Constantly Improve
- By adapting to our guests’ changing expectations
- By managing safety, security, risks and resources
- By investing in people and products to produce growth and provide a reasonable return on our investment
All in a Manner Consistent with Christian Values and Ethics